Gone But NOT Forgotten

This is our page dedicated to the ones we've loved and lost. There time here was special and they will be missed dearly. They will NEVER be forgotten.

"I'll lend you, for a while, a horse of mine," God said.
"For you to love while he lives, and mourn when he is dead.
It may be six or seven years, or maybe twenty-three,
But will you, till I call him back, take care of him for me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you, and shall his stay be brief,
You'll have his lovely memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay, as all from Earth return,
But there are lessons taught down there I want this horse to learn.

I've looked the whole world over in my search for teachers true,
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes, I have selected you.
Now will you give him all your loveľ-not think this labor vain,
I fancied that I heard them say, "Dear Lord, thy will be done.
For all the joy this horse shall bring, the risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shower him with tenderness and love while we may,
And for the happiness we've known, forever grateful stay.

And should the angels call for him much sooner than we planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand."

Dent Mountain Mary


Megan was a "rescue". A man overheard me talking about my minis. He asked if I'd be interested in 2 mares. I said maybe. After trying to see the two for almost a year, we successfully did. The condition they were in, we had to have them. They had been on pasture ONLY, even through the winter for as long as he had had them. Megan was a little spooky but after a year started coming around. Unfortunately, she was an easily stressed mare, and we lost her to stress induced colic.

4Gs Lil Miss Scarlet


Scarlet was a sweet little mare. She was pregnant with her first foal. I got her from a man in November with 3 other mares. He had taken as good care of them as he knew how. One night I came home from work and she was lethargic and trembling. She was drooling excessively and there was white foam all over the stall. We took her to the vet but it was too late. He was afraid it was Rabies. After fighting for her for 24 hours, we let her go. A necropsy found lesions on her brain, caused by parasites. The parasites were no longer there but the damage was done. There was nothing we could have done but put her to rest.


Matt was our 3rd mule from Kilroy. He wasn't due until May 9th but showed up on March 15th. He was a beautiful coal black John with a very dark black cross on his shoulders. He was silky soft to touch. The mare had been dripping milk for more than a week so I knew something was wrong. She went into labor and was having difficulty. I called my vet, Matt, and he came and helped deliver the foal. His head was tucked down. We got him to breath and kept him with us for 25 hours. He just wasn't ready for life. His little eyes never even tried to open and his little feet were all soft, not just rubber toes. He was very special and we all cried our hearts out when he left.

Sagebrush Chiefs Spring Rain


Rain was the 2nd foal born on our farm, a beautiful blue roan pinto that loved to run.  Her little tail would stick straight up in the air.  As a weanling, we took her to an open horse show in Silver City, NM .  For kicks we put her in the Champion Weanling class. To everyone's surprise, little Rain took Grand Champion Weanling over the full size horses.  The trophy was bigger than her.  In the fall of '03, Rain impacted.  We started her on fluids and got a quart of mineral oil into her. After 3 days, she passed a hairball the size of a goose egg.  Pretty big for her little size. But I guess God wanted her for his herd.  In April of 2004, she did it again. We did everything we could but she was completely blocked.  The vet said surgery wasn't a good option since she was prone to this and would probably do it again.  Rather than see my little girl suffer, I let her go. 

I miss you Rain Drop.   


 Angel was bought at an auction.  She was bought to add to our broodmare band as a mule mare. She was such a sweet, beautiful girl and had the most beautiful eyes.  She gave us 2 beautiful, sweet mules.  We had her for just over 3 wonderful years.  She went off her feed and we did everything we could to get her to eat again.  She would only nibble on grass hay.  She tried to hang on for her foal but got to the point she just couldn't any longer.  She passed on during the night sometime.  She is going to be missed greatly by all of us.


Jazz Star


Beep was my soul mate.  He was the best friend a girl good ever have in a horse.  He loved to go no matter where it was.  I saw him the first time when he was 3 months old and fell in love.  I worked my fanny off and bought him when he was 1 1/2.  We won lots of pretty blue ribbons whenever we went to a show.  I loved this boy SO much.  He broke his pelvis in June of 2006.  We let him heal and took care of him as best we could.  On Feb. 19, 2007, he was having difficulty standing on his own so we did the most humane thing we could do for my best friend.  

I love you Boo!  Run free and painless with our dear sweet Babe! I'll see you next time around Pal. 


Brown's Citori Dot

 Citori or "Dinky Dog"

German Shorthaired Pointer

  Oct 19, 1993 to Oct 3 2008

This was our girl.  She was a super sweet, super smart dog that was relentless when it came to playing ball.  She was non-stop and "enough" was NOT in her vocabulary!  She loved being around the horses and especially loved helping with the newborn foals.   She loved to hunt and spent most of her day chasing lizards, bugs, and any thing else she could find.  She would even stamp on weeds to get any little critter hiding in there to come out so she could chase it. 

This girl will be greatly missed and no one could ever replace her.  We let her go with dignity.                                




Jack Russell Terrier

unknown - 12/22/08

Camy was a rescue.   We took her and and loved her dearly.  Dave adored this little girl and took her everywhere.   She developed a tumor in a mammary gland in June.  By Oct it was the size of a golfball and had multiplied.  We had it removed but it was an aggressive type.  It was back 2x as big by mid Nov.  We opted to let her cross the bridge rather than to suffer not understanding.

Bye Shorty....see you on the other side. 




aka:  Scootch

Jack Russell Terrier

2005 - 07/26/2011

Scooter was a "take in".  At his previous house he had learned how to escape and after the 3rd time of being "bailed" out of "jail and the bill for biting a cat, he had to find a new home.  Since we all ready had a Jack, his owner knew we would be able to deal with him.  He loved us and we loved him.  He was always the first to come back to the house and make sure we knew he was home.  He loved to cuddle with me and he did live the last 8 months of his life knowing what it was like to be spoiled rotten and loved.  He slept on the bed with me, got people food once in a while and learned to watch TV.   Unfortunately, he was the typical OCD/ADD Jack Russell around the horses.  The big mule had it in for him and got him when he wasn't looking.  He was kicked in the head and suffered brain damage and broken neck.  The hardest thing we've had to do in a long time was help him cross the bridge.   If there had been any chance at all that he could have been saved we would have tried.

We love you Scooter.  Miss you bunches!  Wait for me there OK.....